With capella you can…
- produce scores of the same quality as the best commercial sheet music
- file all your scores away on the PC and be able to print out as many copies as required when required
- enter music in one key and transpose it to any other
- hear the piece played back including refinements such as trills, ornaments and dynamics
- extract parts in any combination from a complete score.
- convert from short score to open score (all the voices on a stave will be given their own stave)
- copy extracts from the score into a word processor or desk top publisher
- export the score as:
a MIDI file for people to hear,
a set of web pages, or bitmaps which can be incorporated into other documents
as a MusicXML file which can be imported to most other notation programs with no loss of detail or layout
It is only possible to see the clarity of a capella score by printing out an example from the demonstration software, however these captured images may help give an idea of the scope of capella. The layout in this example was created automatically by capella. You can manually revise the initial automatic layout. In most cases it is simply a question of dragging symbols around the score with the mouse. Colour can be used on the screen and also printed to emphasize notes or areas. The score or part of the score can be exported to word processor packages for inclusion in teaching material etc. capella contains sample scores illustrating many of the different ways scores can be presented. If you want to see these examples immediately before deciding to install capella, click here
to go to a list of PDF files containing example scores. If you have the Acrobat reader installed on your computer these example will appear on your screen for you to look at and print out.