Minimum system configuration in order to use capella-scan you need:
- Windows 10,8, or 7. MacOS (from 10.10)
- Screen resolution of at least 800×600 pixel and 16 bit colour depth (HiColor).
- At least 120 MB free disk space, or 150 MB if you use the CodeMeter version
- Mouse or similar pointing device
- Scanner or digital camera for scanning in the music
If you simply want to playback recognized music you can use capella-scan as stand-alone software. For further processing of the music you need one of the following programs:
- capella version 2002 to 2008, Version 7 or newer. Thanks to the direct interface to version 7, music saved in capella-scan can automatically be opened and displayed in capella
- A MIDI compatible music notation or sequencer program. Please keep in mind that the MIDI format only contains the basic notes. All information about layout, accidentals, slurs, brackets etc. is lost.
- A music notation program that can import MusicXML files