- Windows 10,8,7, Vista or Windows XP.
- A sound card with wave support (recording / playback) and general-Midi support (playback). Most PCs have this.
- A microphone
- Loudspeakers; better: Earphones
- For singing you can also use a USB or Bluetooth headsetWindows XP or later
- An up-to-date computer (Dual-Core-CPU or more) for recording/playback with short latency time and for smooth graphics
- A 3 button mouse to handle playback with the center mouse button (mouse mode)
- If you want to create your own practicing files you will need one of the notation software versions capella or capella start or any other software able to create capella or Midi files.
- The German book „Singen auf den ersten Blick“: An educational training book which teaches you reading notes and sight-reading – in connection with the 100 lessons electronically integrated in capella melody trainer (not available in English).